The best way to be successful is to find and focus on this one thing.
You have a valuable talent. Everyone does. You probably have more than one. But just being born with a valuable talent doesn’t make it valuable. Sorry, Charlie.
To unlock the value of your natural talent you need to do 3 things:
- You have to recognize what your valuable talent is.
- You have to develop that talent.
- You must find opportunities to put your talent to work where it creates value.
Valuable talents could be anything. Here is a non-exhaustive list to get your introspector introspecting.
- Pruf Reeding
- Drawing Attention
- Impersonating Arron Neville.
- Picking Locks
- Throwing Parties
- Making Long Lists Less Boring To Read
- Looking good (This talent pairs well with all others)
- Discovering talent in others
Don’t waste time trying to strengthen your weaknesses. That doesn’t unlock the kind of value that will make you highly successful. Instead, focus on your talents. Discover them. Develop them. Put yourself in situations where you can use them every day.
*If you know someone who could benefit from this message, please share it with them.
Adam Albrecht is the Founder and CEO of the advertising and idea agency, The Weaponry. He believes the most powerful weapon on Earth is the human mind. He is the author of the book, What Does Your Fortune Cookie Say? He also authors two blogs: the Adam Albrecht Blog and Dad Says. Daughter Says., a Daddy-Daughter blog he co-writes with his 16-year old daughter Ava. Adam can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. View all posts by Adam Albrecht