Happy Leap Day! Now make your extra day count.
Happy Leap Day! February 29th is your lucky day. In fact, it’s luckier than a 5-leaf clover. And it’s rarer than a mooing steak. In fact, it is so rare that it only happens every 4 years. Like the Olympics, a Presidential election, or Halley’s Comet.
However it is not the rarity of Leap Day that matters. It’s the opportunity. Today is a totally free, bonus day! Which means that today is the perfect day to do something extra. Like Michael Jackson said, today, ‘ You got to be startin’ somethin’. Or finishing somethin’. Or working hard on somethin’. #MaMaSeMaMaSaMaMaCooSa
Saturday Day Fever
Even better, this year Leap Day is the perfect bonus day. Because it falls on a Saturday. Which means you probably don’t have to work or go to school today. So take a few minutes to think about those things you have always wanted to do. Those things you can never seem to find the time to start, plan or complete. And get rolling.
Possible Leap Day Activities:
- Take a hike
- Play a Game
- Start a blog, vlog, slog, or drink Glogg
- Start a business
- Pick up a new hobby, or re-engage in an old hobby, like Holly
- Create a podcast
- Play an instrument
- Create a product
- Start a book (reading or writing)
- Marie Kondo your house
- Volunteer, or sign up to volunteer
- Go to church (or find a place of worship to go to this week)
- Start a meetup
- Join a club or worthy organization
- Ask someone to be your mentor.
- Call someone you haven’t talked to for too long
- Find a dentist
- Find a doctor
- Find a nurse
- Find a lady with an alligator purse
- Start your taxes
- Plan a vacation
- Organize a girls night, or a guys night, or a Michael Knight.
- Make a career or life plan
- Do something that’s more you, because no one knows you better than you.
I started planning my own business, The Weaponry, during a little bonus time like you have today. Now we have 2 offices and clients from California to Quebec. I also started this blog during a little bit of free time. And this is post number 411. #Information Now it’s your turn to go do something meaningful today.
Time is your more precious resource. Use it wisely. Alchemize it into magic. And when you get a bonus day, or a bonus hour, take advantage of it. Otherwise, when you come to the end of your time, you will wish you had.
Which begs the question: What will you do with your Leap Day?
Originally published at http://theperfectagencyproject.com on February 29, 2020.